Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes: National Chocolate Cupcake Day

Today is National Chocolate Cupcake Day, and it's a Holiday I can certainly get behind. I've blogged several cupcake recipes over the years. The one that is most timely, being that it's so close to Halloween is the recipe for Chocolate Cemetery Cupcakes.

Here are a few other recipes you might want to try today in order to celebrate National Chocolate Cupcake Day!

Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Red, White & Blue Cupcakes
Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes
Dirt Cupcakes (for Earth Day)

Don't want to bake? There are so many fabulous cupcake stores, that I'm sure you'll be able to find a chocolate cupcake to your liking!

Here's a new (to this blog) recipe for Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes, adapted from PillsburyBaking

CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Sugar
5 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1 large Egg
5 ounces dark Chocolate (65-75 % cacao), broken into small pieces (or chocolate chips)
2 1/2 cups Cake Flour
1 2/3 cups Sugar
1/4 cup DARK baking cocoa
1 1/4 cups Water
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
2 tablespoons Vinegar
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Madagascar vanilla extract

Preparation:
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
Line 24 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
Beat 1/2 cup sugar and cream cheese in large bowl until smooth.
Beat in egg until smooth.
Stir in chocolate pieces (or chips); set aside.
2. Beat remaining ingredients in large bowl on high speed 3 minutes.
Reserve 1 1/2 cups batter.
3. Fill each muffin cup 1/3 full.
Spoon 1 tablespoonful cream cheese mixture onto batter in each cup.
Top each cup with reserved batter.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool.

2 comments:

Rose Gold said...

Chocolate cheese cupcake! This is what I like of cupcake. Cheese and chocolate combination is great. I don't need to put cream cheese icing on the top of the cupcake since it is already on the inside.

Melanie Giant said...

Chocolate is always been my favorite and adding the flavor cheese will surely makes me jump out of joy. This combination is the most I like if we are talking cup cakes. I should barely try your recipe and share with my sister who used to hate this flavor but if I am the one who bake she will surely force to try it. But I am sure that she will ask for more.