Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

Double Chocolate Brownies: National Dessert Day

Today is National Dessert Day! Of course, for me, every day is Dessert Day, especially if it's chocolate. Brownies are one of my favorite desserts, and I can never have too many Brownie Recipes. So for today's Dessert Holiday, here's a recipe for Double Chocolate Brownies. I love this recipe that's adapted from Taste of Home. The brownies are moist and chewy, and the top is crunchy. That's the way I like my brownies. What are you having for dessert today?

Double Chocolate Brownies 

Ingredients
3/4 cup DARK cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup melted sweet butter, divided
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp Madagascar vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
6 ounces dark chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda. Blend in 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water and stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining butter. Add flour, vanilla, and salt. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Cool before cutting.

No comments: