Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Lemon Curd Brownies

I love this recipe for Lemon Curd Brownies. A few years ago after my Mother passed away, while going through her correspondence, I came across a note and recipe from an English friend of hers who wrote, "As promised here's the recipe and a little supply of my lemon curd for you." Unfortunately, the lemon curd was not in the cupboard or refrigerator. My mother loved lemon, and I do, too, especially with chocolate.

Since then I've been making brownies using "Elaine's Lemon Curd" recipe. I have several lemon trees, including three prolific Meyer lemon trees that are perfect for making lemon curd. Here's the recipe from "Elaine's" note. Be sure and scroll down for the Lemon Curd Brownie Recipe! Of course, you can always use store bought Lemon Curd, but try making your own. It's easy and yummy, and you can adjust the recipe as you see fit!

LEMON CURD


LEMON CURD BROWNIES

This recipe is very loosely adapted from Coffee & Quinoa. Go there for fabulous photos!

Ingredients 
4 ounces dark chocolate
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp Madagascar vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups dark chocolate, chopped into chunks  (or chocolate chips)
1 cup lemon curd

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.
Line 9x9 baking pan with parchment and grease with cooking spray or butter.
Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler, or in a saucepan over another saucepan over simmering water. Take off stove. Stir in sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Fold in chocolate chunks.
Spread 2/3 of batter into baking pan. Spread lemon curd on top. Put remaining batter on top, spreading to cover lemon curd completely.
Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with crumbs.

3 comments:

Susan Bernhardt said...

I love lemon curd (on scones) and I love brownies. I just can't imagine the two together.

I will have to definitely try this some day and find out. :)

~~louise~~ said...

Recipes like these are to be cherished Janet:) Thanks for sharing...

Janet Rudolph said...

My sister told me that the recipe was from one of her friends who was English. Sadly, Elaine, too, has passed away.