Pages

Friday, July 7, 2017

Scrooge McDuck's Blueberry Crunch

I was a big Scrooge McDuck fan growing up. I learned a lot about history and culture from those comic books featuring Uncle Scrooge. One comic book in particular was about his hunt for treasure in South America as a conquistador (there were historical comic books). He found the treasure chest, but it was not filled with gold--it was filled with potatoes. Yes, that was the treasure! Disappointing, of course, to Scrooge McDuck, but I learned from this comic book that potatoes first came from South America and that was quite a treasure for the rest of the world. Potatoes are right up there with chocolate for me. I still love comics!

So you see why I love this recipe for Scrooge McDuck's Blueberry Crunch. Since this is a chocolate blog, you can substitute Kellogg's Chocolate Frosted Flakes for Corn Flakes and cut back on the sugar. I only use butter in the recipe (no margarine!). This is a great recipe for Summer. Enjoy!


No comments: