Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

CHOCOLATE COCONUT SOUFFLE´: National Souffle Day

Today is National Chocolate Souffle´ Day. If you've been reading this blog, you know that I love souffles, and I've posted many different recipes over the years. How could I have a Chocolate Blog without at least 5 Souffle Recipes?

Here's a new old recipe from Baker's Famous Chocolate Recipes (1936) for a twist on the souffle: Chocolate Coconut Souffle.

You might not have Minute Tapioca in your pantry, but let me tell you it's worth searching out for this recipe. Check out my post on Tapioca. As far as Baker's Southern Coconut Flakes go, I wasn't sure exactly what that is, so I used Baker's Angel Flake Coconut which is slightly sweetened. After all, it was 1936.. maybe it's the same, maybe it's another product all together. If you know, leave a comment or contact me. I'm sure there's a Food Historian out there who knows!

For Chocolate, I use high quality very dark chocolate. It might vary the taste, but I like fair trade natural chocolate.

No comments: